AKEBONO BRAKE CORPORATION DELIVERS THE ESSENCE OF BRAKING®
With more than 85 years of brake design and production expertise, Akebono provides the world’s automotive industry with advanced braking and noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) solutions. The company’s commitment to innovation, process improvement, quality control and customer service has positioned it as a key resource for leading OEMs, Tier I brake suppliers and the automotive aftermarket. Key automotive OEM customers include Audi, Chrysler, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, and Volkswagen.
The Foundry Maintenance Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining the core maintenance system(s), the predictive maintenance system and supplier relationships with external suppliers and technical support groups. He/She is also responsible as a part of the Foundry Leadership Team to pursue progressive improvements in Safety, Quality, Machine Performance, Deliver and Costs. This position reports to the Foundry Business Unit Manager.
Core Maintenance System Responsibilities
- Develops and coordinates a Preventative Maintenance Program and standards with involvement from the Maintenance and Manufacturing Departments.
- Establishes a Daily Maintenance process and standards for foundry operators
- Analyzes historical / repetitive failures and develops engineering solutions to eliminate recurrence.
- Assists the Foundry Production Manager in scheduling repairs and ensuring compliance with PM schedules.
- Coaches maintenance technicians on repairs and projects.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a system to control PLC programs.
- Predictive Maintenance
- Leads organization in a pro-active maintenance environment with a futuristic approach to technical solutions of predictability.
- Utilizes predictive methods to anticipate equipment issues prior to experiencing downtime
- Must be able to understand and uncover technical issues and resolve them. Then must be able to establish the same technical principles and procedures of problem identification and resolution for the Department.
- Responsible for establishing, training and application of standards, policies and procedures within the proactive and reactive maintenance groups.
- Devises and implements developmental plans for teams and individuals. Coordinates training requirements.
- Responsible for establishing and achievement of Foundry KPI’s in support of progressive goals for Safety, Quality, OEE, Delivery and Costs.
- Must be able to lead small teams in problem solving as part of the Foundry daily management process.
- Develops and supports Continuous Improvement and Capital Expenditure projects.
- Must be able to make presentations and interpretation of charts, graphs, and various reports needed for the analysis of equipment problems and make recommendations for solutions to identified problems.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Prefer of five (5) years supervisory experience in the industrial maintenance field.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer aided design.
- Must have working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC’s, and basic electrical.
- Experience in a casting environment is advantageous.
- Applicable testing may be required.