Perform Engineering Floor Support, Routine Engineering tasks and assist in various Engineering Projects.
Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Assist in the Design and implementation of methods and processes to improve quality and manufacturability.
- Trouble shoots problems in equipment and or processes to effect timely solutions and maintain continuity of production flow.
- Assist in Monitoring and debugging new methods and processes to ensure desired results.
- Supports continuous improvement and APS activities.
- May be required to train others.
- Interfaces with suppliers and outside vendors regarding tooling, equipment, and purchased parts.
- Conducts studies to evaluate efficiency of engineering programs.
- Documentation and reporting as required to support organizational goals.
- Supports Akebono’s Quality System and Loss Control/Safety Programs through active involvement.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
- Two year Technical Degree, or comparable Technical experience plus at least 2 years
- One year Engineering/Technical experience in a Manufacturing Environment. PLC/CNC experience preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of Engineering Systems and Methods in Manufacturing.
- Proficiency with P.C. based software.
- Strong equipment troubleshooting skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand walk/move; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment requires hearing protection.