Converts data from specifications and statements of problems to computer code by performing the following duties:
- Consults with supervisor, systems analysts, other programmers, and end users to gather information about program intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems.
- Designs or writes program specifications based on consultations with supervisor, systems analysts, other programmers, and end users.
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code, mainly Java development platform.
- Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Writes and maintains documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications and follows change request process.
- Designs and codes layouts for onscreen user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Reviews user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with program operations.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs.
- Revises program for corrections, enhancements, or system environment changes.Utilizes program code revision software (Subversion, Mercurial).
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use and support program.
- Coordinates with other programmers about program revisions.
- Modifies and maintains software programs written by others.
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university related to development work; four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong Java programming abilities with experience independently developing applications.
- Experience using a Java programming framework like Spring or Vaadan.
- Web development and back end database connectivity past project experience.
- Capable of working with data extraction and input using databases (Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to collect and research data; Use intuition and experience to complement data.Experience with database technologies and database schemas.
- Ability to generate creative solutions; Translate concepts and information into images; Use feedback to modify designs; Apply design principles.
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions and create formal development requirements from user requirements.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and manage individual responsibilities.
- Strong skillset at displaying original thinking and creativity; Generating suggestions for improving work; Developing innovative approaches and ideas.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to perform essential duties.
- Ability to develop instructions and guidelines to perform functions of the job when necessary.
This position requires the following physical abilities: to sit; to use hands (to finger, handle, or feel), to reach with hands and arms, to stand, to talk and hear and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, the specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
There may be minimal travel required to visit other Akebono facilities or customers, therefore ability to drive a motor vehicle is required.