Develop and execute the electromechanical brake system test plan to ensure all system requirements are met by proving traceability between system requirements and test specifications. The brake system could be for service or parking function only, or combined service and parking functions.
System Analysis and Documentation
- Collaborate with team members to establish Systems Requirements Specification;
- Liaise with system architect in defining test requirements;
- Develop Systems Test Specification with traceability from systems test cases to the unique systems requirements to ensure full test coverage;
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure requirements are testable;
- Develop System Integration Test Specification with traceability from integration test cases to the unique systems architecture requirements to ensure test coverage of all interfaces;
- Participate in team reviews to make sure the development work is fully A-SPICE and ISO26262 compliant; generate necessary evidence report for demonstrating the compliances.
System Validation Planning and Reporting
- Generate System Test Plan based on Systems Test Specification;
- Produce System Integration Test Plan for each project phase based on Systems Integration Test Specification;
- Lead the execution of both System Test and System Integration Test plans, and create corresponding reports accordingly.
System Test Environment and Equipment
- Work with system/controls design engineers, mechanical design/test engineers and other functional team members to ensure delivery of system test solutions;
- Deliver test environments within a defined system development process including the use of change and configuration management tools;
- Maintain, improve and optimize the MiL and HiL environments for system control development and software testing; complete run individual test cases;
- Write tools in the form of Matlab scripts, dSpace automation/control desk scripts, and Python scripts etc. to support use of testing environments;
- Train and support users in the successful usage of the testing environments;
- Support component tests within the system test environment;
- Collaborate with the system/controls design engineers etc. to develop the test harness required based on the test plan;
- Work with contractors/vendors to solve issues and provide custom tools as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering from four-year college or university with concentration of controls and a minimum of 3 years of electromechanical system test engineering experience, or a Master degree in Mechanical engineering with concentration of controls, Mechatronics, Computer Science or Electric Engineering and 1+ years of related industrial experience is required.
Required & Preferred Traits and Skills
- Strong data analysis / correlation capability
- Matlab Simulink / Real-Time Workshop (RTW) / Code Generation
- dSpace Automation Desk and Control Desk
- Familiarity in vehicle CANs and ESC system
- Vector CANape
- Basic level of Python script
- Experience in Electric Circuit design/test
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibility. However, this position is required to lead cross-functional teams and manage the multiple competing deadlines from each of the interfacing departments.
This position requires the following physical abilities: to sit; to use hands (to finger, handle, or feel), to reach with hands and arms, to stand, to talk, to hear and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition, the specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is mostly sedentary; however, there is occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and vibration and to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.