Engineering coordinator for Materials Engineering Group (MEG) is primarily responsible to process Material Data Sheet (MDS). The coordinator will respond to MDS requester’s request to obtain MDS from suppliers, generate MDS and submit MDS to our customers, via International Material Data System (IMDS). The coordinator will retrieve key dates associated with MDS (submission, acceptance, etc.) from IMDS, prepare chart for continual improvement analysis for MEG.
- Thoroughly review MDS request form (ABC-F132) submitted by a MDS requestor.
- Utilizing IMDS, create MDS for all components listed in the MDS request.Some component MDS may need to be created by Akebono’s suppliers.
- Submit MDS to customer via IMDS.
- Receive MDS acceptance or rejection from customer via IMDS.
- Notify the MDS requestor of MDS acceptance/rejection.
- File MDS request forms (ABC-F132) in the designated folder for record keeping purpose.
- Each month, retrieve key dates associated with MDS (submission, acceptance/rejection, etc.) from IMDS and calculate MDS response time.
- Update existing MDS response time performance chart in continual improvement database (Lotus Notes) using the MDS response time data collected monthly.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned as required.
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; plus two years’ experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in IMDS use is not necessary; however, a candidate with prior IMDS experience will receive higher priority.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret MDS guideline and MDS contents.Ability to write reports and business correspondence (e.g., e-mails).Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from MDS requestor, group manager and direct & indirect customers & suppliers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Strong organizational & reporting skills as well as project & time management.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to perform essential duties.
- Ability to develop instructions and guidelines to perform functions of the job when necessary.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows operating system (e.g., Windows 7), MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Web browser (Internet Explorer, etc.).Ability to use Excel functions, manipulate data within Excel, and generate charts is desirable
This position requires the following physical abilities: to sit; to use hands (to finger, handle, or feel), to reach with hands and arms, to stand, to talk and hear and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition, the specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
There will be occasional travels required for MDS/IMDS training, conferences, as well as to other Akebono facilities or customers, therefore ability to drive a motor vehicle is required.