Lead teams to drive projects & initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business. Responsible for major and complex projects with long-term business implications. Contribute to strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise. Provide analytical expertise to the Operational Excellence team and broader organization to drive continuous improvements, customer satisfaction, quality and productivity.
- Strategically lead the development, deployment and improvement of processes to improve business capabilities
- Provide leadership and direction to execute the Operational Excellence strategy to achieve improvement in customer satisfaction, process capability and quality
- Work with executive champion(s) and other business leaders to develop project deployment strategy, implement change management approach, goals and priorities
- Serves as project leader to ensure initiation, progress and on-time completion of project deliverables
- Work directly with business leaders and project teams to develop scope, schedule and define resource plans for process improvement projects within their areas of responsibility
- Implement “Lean” techniques and methodologies during project execution in order to achieve defined project objectives
- Communicate progress, status and issues to executive champion(s) and business leaders
- Serve as change agent by stimulating, communicating and institutionalizing Operational Excellence initiatives
- Utilizes broad and deep knowledge to develop innovative new business practices, policies and procedures
- Actively participate in the development and continuous improvement of the Operational Excellence body of knowledge which may include improvement, innovation, and strategy execution methods
- Train, coach, and mentor regarding Continuous Improvement concepts and techniques
- Seek, share and institutionalize best practices
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality or technical field. Masters’ degree preferred. A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Process Improvement, Business Operations or Project / Program Management with at least 5 years in related Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality or transactional area. Certification as Six Sigma Master Black Belt is required. Materials, Brake product knowledge/experience is preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to lead 15 or more transactional, reactive and/or proactive projects using continuous improvement concepts and techniques resulting in significant process improvements or savings.
- Strong experience leading Lean Six Sigma and/ or similar process improvement methodologies such as Shainin Red X.
- Proven experience applying Lean and/or Six Sigma tools through the DMAIC, DMADV and/or DFSS methodologies.
- Experience conducting Kaizen events deploying toolsets such as VSM, Standard Work, VOC, QFD, SMED.
- Advanced skills with statistical software tools, such as Tableau, Minitab, or Jump.
- Proficient with using advanced tools in standard Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
- Ability to prepare layouts using AutoCAD or similar.
- Experience implementing Lean thinking in business processes using Value Stream Mapping,
- Ability to review and analyze equipment capacities, capabilities and needs.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach in the practical application of continuous improvement tools to drive significant business impact and culture.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills, all levels of the organization; including writtlen and oral communications.
- Experience building, empowering, and leading talented cross functional teams to motivate others and achieve results.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions.
- Ability to build and promote organizational change management initiatives.
- Ability to make decisions effectively and create focus on execution.
- Ability to interact with multiple plants to solve broad based systemic problems.
- Familiarity with TS16949 Quality Management System preferred.
- Knowledge of Automotive industry or equivalent other high volume production experience.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibility. However, this position is required to lead cross-functional teams and manage the multiple competing deadlines from each of the interfacing departments.
This position requires the following physical abilities:
to sit; to use hands (to finger, handle, or feel), to reach with hands and arms, to stand, to talk, to hear and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition, the specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is mostly active; there is exposure to moving mechanical parts and vibration and to outside weather condition. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Up to 25% domestic travel and occasional international travel is required. Therefore, the ability to drive a motor vehicle and fly is required.